It is the dream of every woman to look beautiful with well-groomed hair every day irrespective of times and seasons.
It feels good to make a beautiful hair in a beauty salon by an experienced hairdresser who gives you a gorgeous look with a beautiful and neatly styled hair of your choice.
Technology has impacted greatly on the modern beauty industry. We can create our beauty salon at the comfort of our home and with the help of these incredible styling devices available this day, most ladies style their hair at their comfort every day to look very beautiful as if they visited an experienced hairdresser.
One of these devices that can help create the image you desire is the hair straightener. The hair straightener can align curly curls and lay them to look like a satin canvas. Ironing in the straightener helps to fight naughty hair that is curled in wet weather.
With the help of this ironing and styling products for hair straightening, you are sure of styling your hair amazingly and walk with such hairstyle for days.
Hair straightener is convenient, effective and fast but experts talk more of its disadvantages. There is an opinion that iron spoils the hair structure and make them brittle.
Because of this, we suggest you read the below tips on how to choose this styling device.
The essence of straightening.
For a better understanding of which iron to choose, let’s first understand its principle of operations.
The iron in a hair straightener frees the hair from excess moisture content. Under the hair cuticle is a layer of cortex, which contains a hydrogen compound that is responsible for waving and curling the hair. This compound is more active in wet weather.
Because of this, it is believed that during snow or raining period, the hair begins to curl more than usual.
In this situation, the task of the rectifier is to free the cortex layer from excess moisture, that contributes to curling the hair and this is done by heating.
Heat contributes to the change of the hair structure. This makes the hair mechanically stressed, brittle and more susceptible.
That is why selective criteria such as coating the plates is a priority. How safe the use of the device is to your hair depends on the coating of the ironing plates. Today, there are several types of plate coatings – metal, ceramics, tourmaline, Teflon.
Ironing with metal plates are sold at a low cost, this is a factor that is considered when choosing it. The metal coating is harmful and dangerous to the hair structure. They are heated unevenly and the plate has overheating points that burn out the hair, destroy their structure and contribute to the appearance of split ends.
Ceramic is the most common rectifier plate coating. It heats evenly, maintains optimum temperature and ensures smooth glide of the plates. Because of this, the hair does not undergo brittleness but retains its elasticity.
One disadvantage of the ceramic coating is that cosmetics that are used to treat the hair before styling can stick to the plates. To minimize this negative effect, wipe the plates with a damp cloth after styling with a straightener.
Most advanced materials like tourmaline and Teflon have a greater advantage. Tourmaline, for example, when heated emits negative ions that neutralise static electricity. Teflon helps to avoid “sticking to the plates” and the “burning of styling products” for hair. Titanium or diamond coating are additional options that provide a smooth glide of the plate that makes the hair shine.
Ceramic plates of some rectifiers contain a special complex of moisturizers, conditioners and vitamins. These solutions do not only help to protect the hair while styling but also provides additional care.
The ionization option is another step on the path to healthy hair. Its function is very useful in maintaining the beauty and health of the hair but unfortunately not all hair straighteners are equipped with it.
The essence of ionization is that the rectifier plates are coated with a special ionic layer (tourmaline, for example), which when heated, releases a stream of negative ions. This Ions envelop each hair and restores the moisture balance.
The function of ionization is to help keep the hair healthy, docile, shinier and prevent the hair from burning.
Depending on the condition, structure and type of hair, it is recommended to choose a certain temperature regime for straightening. In general, the plates can heat up to the range of 140 – 230 degrees, but the same temperature is not suitable for all hair.
If you have thin, weakened, brittle hair, we recommend choosing a minimum temperature regime in other not to course much harm to your hair but If you have healthy and curly hair, you can (in the case of curly hair) set a maximum heating temperature.
The temperature controller is convenient to use and is mounted on the handle of the rectifier. Some irons are equipped with a temperature scale that indicates the exact temperature but for most parts, rectifiers have two or three-positioned switches with which you can choose one of three heating levels – minimum, medium, maximum.
Rectifier plates are narrow (with a width of up to 2.5 cm) and wide (with a width of more than 2.5 cm). Narrow plates are suitable for aligning small thin strands and bangs.
Due to its narrow working surface, it is difficult to capture large strands and is quite uncomfortable since you have to divide the hair into different parts which significantly increases the styling time.
The advantage of thin plates is that it can wind curls. The upper part should have a special coating while the edges of the plates should be round.
Irons with a wider working area allow you to capture a fairly wide strand that significantly reduces installation time. Wide plates are ideal for long and thick hair. With this, you can deal with styling much faster but this may be uncomfortable for thin and thin strands.
- Pay attention to the indicators and a liquid crystal displayed on the device. With this, it will be convenient for you to regulate and control the temperature regime, off/on, heating rate.
- Rectifiers have different plate heating rates (average 10 to 30 seconds) that don’t affect the operation of the device, but if you align your hair in a hurry, it can play an important role when choosing the device to straighten the wet hair. Some professional hair straighteners allow you to do this without damaging your hair. To some extent, this even limits the thermal effect on the hair (hair drying is excluded).
- Some models of hair straighteners are equipped with a special auto-off function. This makes it possible to prevent overheating of the plates and burning. The outer edges of some rectifiers are trimmed with special safe materials that protect the hair from burning.
- Most models of this device are equipped with a convenient heat-resistant cover, that allows you to fold the iron even when the plate is hot. For this reason, you have to learn how to store this device. If you misplace the cover, you can store the iron by hanging it on a hook attached to the base or simply fold it neatly.
- Before you style your hair with an iron, ensure that you apply a special heat-protective composition to the hair in the form of a spray, milk, fluid or oil. Thermal protective agent envelops each hair and protects it from overheating and fragility. Modern thermal protective products are designed not only to protect hair from thermal effects but to also give the hair extra shine, elasticity and silkiness.
- When Straightening your hair in a separate lock. We do not recommend grabbing too much hair to complete the straightening process. In order to perfectly align your hair, take small strands and begin the process of levelling from the roots.
- If you care about the health and beauty of your hair, consider the above tips when choosing a straightener. If you choose a high-quality iron for hair straightening, you will have a beautiful and well-groomed hairstyles without the help of a stylist
Make the right choice. Comment below if you agree or disagree with any point. And write us which hair straightener do you prefer?